Safety is a guiding principle at Rockydale Quarries Corporation and our subsidiary operations. Our top priority is making sure that every employee returns home safe and healthy at the end of every day.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment and strive to exceed expectations. No job is so important and no order is so urgent that we cannot take time to perform our work safely. Safety is an integral ingredient of all planning and performance. To accomplish this, we provide each employee with all the reasonable safeguards and equipment necessary to ensure success. Rockydale Quarries is committed to achieving a zero-injury and zero-citation safety culture by implementing proven best practices, processes and procedures based on, but not limited to, industry standards.
Overall, the mining industry is one of the most heavily regulated industries in existence. In addition to laws and regulations developed at the federal and state level, Rockydale further supports its commitment to safety through our Environmental, Health & Safety Department and proactive Safety Team that facilitates:
- New Employee Training
- Workplace & Pre-shift Exams
- Detailed Task Training
- Weekly "Toolbox Talks"
- Monthly Unannounced Safety Audits
- Ongoing Safety Training and Presentations
- Accident and Loss-Control Review and Analysis
- Direct and Open Communication with Employee Concerns & Suggestions
- Prompt Company Wide Notification of all Incidents and "Near Misses"
- Work Area Dust and Noise Sampling