2343 Highland Farm Road
Roanoke, VA 24017
Office: (540) 774-1696
Fax: (540) 774-9114
Toll Free: (800) 774-1696
2343 Highland Farm Road
Roanoke, VA 24017
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
J. Kenneth Randolph, President
Ken joined Rockydale in February 2009 as President and member of the Board of Directors. He has a BS and MBA in business, and has worked in the construction materials and industrial minerals industry since 1979. Some of Ken’s business affiliations include the Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors Chairman; Virginia Western Community College Foundation Board President; Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway Board President; Ferrum College Business Advisory Board; Virginia Transportation and Construction Alliance Board of Directors; and Board Trustee of the Roanoke County School Foundation.
Joseph W. Altizer, II, CPA, Chief Financial Officer
Joey joined Rockydale in May 2008. He lives in Blacksburg, holds a BA in business administration and has been a CPA since 1990. He gained extensive experience in the quarry and mining industry during his ten years in public accounting with Brown, Edwards, & Company, CPAs. Since 1995, he has served in senior management positions in manufacturing and non-profit industries. Joey previously served on the New River Valley Emmaus Community Board of Directors.
Gary Hubbard, Vice President of Operations
Gary rejoined Rockydale in April 2013 after a prior service between 2001 and 2006. He holds a BS in mining engineering from Missouri S&T and has been in the mining industry since 1994. Gary has prior experience from many producers but most recently being involved in a national improvement process with a mega producer. He is certified in Six Sigma and a firm believer in LEAN philosophies and manufacturing. Gary has previously served on the board of directors for Big Brothers-Big Sisters in Roanoke and Nyack, New York.
Dave Caldwell, Corporate Sales Manager
Dave joined Rockydale in April 2010. He graduated with honors in 1978 with a BS in Plant and Soil Sciences from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Dave has been in the industrial chemical lime and limestone industry since 1981. His prior positions and industry expertise include: Quality Assurance, Customer Service and Traffic Management, Territory Sales Management and Director of Sales for a national company. Dave is presently serving on the Virginia Transportation & Construction Alliance Leadership Committee, and an active member of the Old Dominion Highway Contractors Association.
Rockydale Profile & Mission
- Rockydale serves construction companies, municipalities, agricultural companies and individual users by providing high quality products and superior customer service at competitive prices.
- Rockydale has a history of valuing relationships with our customers, employees and the community.
- We demonstrate our commitment to customer appreciation through outstanding product quality, personal service and efficient delivery.
- Our company philosophy is based on honesty, integrity and responsible business practices.
- Our customers, employees and our reputation have been our most important assets for over 80 years.
RQC Corporate Business Principles
- To focus on our customers' needs and to anticipate changes in their demands. Customers are one of our highest priorities. Their needs ultimately drive our business decisions. We will stay close to our customers, anticipate and respond to their demands, and exceed their expectations.
- To pursue continuous improvement in the quality of our products, services and operations. We will continually examine every operation, process, service and product and engage all employees in enhancing the quality of everything we do.
- To commit ourselves to teamwork and team building. As partners in a common mission, we will create an environment that values cooperation, fosters respect, rewards group achievement and enhances each person's ability to advance our shared goals.
- To promote trust, respect and integrity in all of our relationships. We will remember that our reputation is one of our most valuable assets.
- To communicate honestly with our team members. We will listen to others, accept honest criticism, share our ideas and information and respond to others constructively and with sincerity.
- To operate safely and conscientiously for the benefit of all employees and customers. We value the health and safety of all employees and customers.
- To honor environmental and social responsibilities in the communities in which we operate. We will be a good corporate citizen committed to improving the quality of life where we live and work.