Rockydale Quarries has a long standing history of commitment to the communities to which it serves. Since 1932, we have given back to the communities around us by donating time, materials, and monetary funds. In recent years, Rockydale has made charitable donations to over 95 separate charitable organizations. During the Christmas season, Rockydale has contributed to local food banks in honor of our customers and vendors. Members of the Rockydale management team have been directly involved with many organizations and have participated on boards and committees for the following organizations:
- Greater Roanoke Valley Development Foundation
- The Virginia State Board for Community Colleges
- Virginia State Council of Higher Education
- Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Roanoke County School Foundation Board
- Virginia Western Community College Board
- Virginia Transportation and Construction Alliance
- Roanoke Regional Partnership
- North Cross School Board of Trustees
- Greenvale Nursery School Board
- Carilion Health Systems
- Roanoke Industrial Center
- Ferrum College
- Roanoke Business Council
- YMCA of the Roanoke Valley
- United Way of Roanoke Valley
In March of 1991, the Rockydale Quarries Corporation Endowed Scholarship at Ferrum College was established by Mr. Gordon C. Willis, Jr. This scholarship is available to students who demonstrate financial need. First preference for this scholarship is given to students who are dependents of employees of Rockydale Quarries.
Rockydale is extremely proud of an initiative that came from our Jacks Mountain Quarry employees that is called the Adopted Family Fund. For the past ten years, the employees have raised money to provide clothes, food, hygiene items and toys for children in need that are identified by the administrations of Glade Hill and Snow Creek Elementary School.
We fully intend to continue supporting the local communities that have helped to make us a successful organization.